Your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) are small joints that can cause big problems if they are not functioning properly. When they become inflamed or irritated, they can cause jaw pain that is hard to ignore. That’s when you need our TMJ treatment in Dorr. As a result of visiting us for help, you can:
- Enjoy a meal without popping sounds or jaw pain
- Wake up without pain or discomfort
- Protect your teeth from dental damage
- Improve your overall well-being
- Keep pain from spreading to your neck and shoulders
- Eliminate TMJ symptoms like headaches
Don’t ignore your jaw pain! Call 616-202-5959 for an appointment. Ask ask about our membership club for special savings on care.
Don’t Let Your TMJ Disorder Keep You From Enjoying Life
There are a variety of reasons for TMJ dysfunction. It can be a result of trauma to the mouth, arthritis, teeth grinding habits, or alignment issues. Whatever the reason, we’ll work with you on the best possible solution. Dr. Dudzik will start by taking digital X-rays, so he can determine if an oral appliance is the right treatment for you.
If it is, he’ll create a customized splint that offers many benefits:
- Relief From Pain – This removable splint acts as a barrier between your teeth. You’ll no longer clench or grind your teeth, which triggers your TMJ pain. As a result, you’ll give your jaw a chance to heal.
- Protect Existing Dental Work – When you wear your appliance, you are protecting your mouth from damage or complications. The last thing you want is for a filling or crown to come loose or your bridge work to get damaged.
- Comfortable to Wear – Because this appliance is custom made just for you, it will be more comfortable than any store-bought item.
Your dentist may also recommend restorative treatments, such as replacing missing teeth and repairing damaged teeth.
If you recognize symptoms such as chronic jaw pain, popping or clicking sounds when you chew, headaches, or difficulties opening your mouth wide, you may need TMJ treatment in Dorr. Call 616-202-5959 for an appointment or request an appointment online. We have appointments as early as 7 a.m. available!