Hearing you may need oral surgery in Dorr can sound daunting. Yet there’s nothing to be worried about when you are in the expert hands of Dr. Dudzik. At Dorr Family Dentistry, we use the latest in dental technology and modern treatment techniques to ensure your procedure is successful. When you leave our office after your dental surgery, you will:
- Feel confident you are on the right path to better oral health
- Be one step closer to becoming a candidate for dental implants or other restorations
- No longer suffer from dental pain or discomfort
- Experience relief that you are making the right choices for your smile
Call 616-202-5959 for an appointment. We’re open as early as 7 a.m. several times during the week. Make sure you ask about our membership plan for savings on dental care!
Preserve Your Smile With Oral Surgical Procedures
It’s understandable to not want dental surgery, but it’s often necessary to protect your oral health or to move forward with procedures such as implants or dentures. It’s our goal that you won’t have to visit an outside oral surgeon. Before recommending any sort of surgical treatment, Dr. Dudzik will do a thorough exam and take digital X-rays and photos with an intraoral camera. This technology helps with detailed planning, which is essential before surgery.
Depending on your needs, he may recommend:
- Tooth Extraction – It’s usually our last resort to remove teeth. But if your tooth is severely infected or damaged, we’ll do so for oral health purposes. Then once removed, we’ll discuss your restoration options to replace it.
- Wisdom Tooth Removal – If you are between the ages of 17 and 25, you may have your wisdom teeth coming in. Dr. Dudzik can remove most wisdom teeth. He may refer especially complicated cases to an oral surgeon.
- Sinus Lift – If you are getting implants in the upper jaw, we’ll raise your sinus ridge to make room for these artificial tooth roots.
When you come in for a surgical appointment, we prioritize your comfort every step of the way. You can opt for oral sedation if you feel nervous. You’ll take it before you arrive, so you have a deep sense of calm while we work. We also use an anesthetic to numb your mouth, so you don’t feel a thing.
Plan for Your Oral Surgery Treatment
In order to have the best possible outcome for your surgical procedure, we recommend:
- Ask Questions – If you have any concerns about the surgery or what to expect, we’ll take time to answer your questions. It’s important to us that you feel confident moving forward before we begin.
- Arrange for a Ride Home – If you are getting sedation, you’ll want to make sure someone can drive you home. Oral sedation has lingering effects that will make it unsafe for you to drive yourself.
- Avoid Eating Beforehand – If you are using oral sedation, you’ll want to avoid eating at least six hours before your appointment. This will help you avoid nausea and ensure that the sedation takes full effect.
- Arrive Early – We encourage you to make the visit as comfortable as possible for yourself. Showing up a bit early gives you the chance to get settled in and ready for your procedure.
If you believe oral surgery in Dorr is right for your dental needs, call 616-202-5959 for an appointment. You can also request an appointment online.