New Patients are always welcome at Dorr Family Dentistry. There are four main ways to join us as a new patient. Our main goal is to help you figure out what you need and want, and deliver your care in a way that makes sense for you and your family.
- Comprehensive Exam, X-rays, and Cleaning: Our most common method of becoming a new patient is to perform a comprehensive exam with x-rays, and to have your teeth cleaned at your first visit. You will have a thorough periodontal examination, tooth examination, oral cancer screening, and a treatment plan will be made with you, your hygienist, and Dr. Dudzik.
- Emergency Exam and X-rays: If you are having a dental emergency, and are looking to be seen to fix that problem only, you are welcome to schedule an appointment with us to look at and treat your problem, time permitting. We are more than happy to treat your dental emergencies at Dorr Family Dentistry, however we believe strongly in preventative care, and usually recommend you come back for a comprehensive exam, full x-rays, and cleaning to help prevent problems in the future.
- Focused Comprehensive Exam: Some people know they have a lot of dentistry to do or would like to become a patient for the specific reason of complex comprehensive dentistry such as veneers, dentures, multiple implants, or smile makeovers. If you know you are coming to see Dr. Dudzik for complex restorative work, and would like to expedite the process, doing a focused comprehensive exam with Dr. Dudzik may be best. Please ask if this type of new patient exam would be best for you.
- Conscious Sedation Consultation: If you are a patient with high fear and anxiety, performing your dentistry under conscious sedation may be best for you. Dr. Dudzik and team are trained on oral conscious sedation to help you get the dental work you need and would like done is as comfortable way possible. Please ask if a sedation consultation would be best for you.
New Patient Forms
There will also be some forms we will ask you to read and sign either in person or sent to you beforehand. These forms include:
- Patient Registration Form: Includes relevant personal contact information, as well as dental insurance details.
- Medical History: You will be asked for all relevant medical history information, including information about your current primary care physician.
- Complete Medication List: Including all prescriptions, over the counter medications, and supplements.
- Treatment Consent Form: This form allows us to treat you as a patient.
- Patient Appointment Policy: States our appointment policy; including appointment reminders, and appointment cancellations.
- Right to Privacy Notification: Informs you of your rights to expect privacy when it comes to your medical history, and any procedures you receive at Dorr Family Dentistry.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Dorr Family Dentistry!
***Please keep in mind a dental appointment can take between 45 and 90 minutes, so make sure to schedule enough time in your day when making your appointment***